The Omega 3, we’re talking about that ,yeees ! These fatty acids contain benefits absolutely necessary to our body. How are these lipids beneficial to our health? And where to find them?
Omega 3s are fatty acids , (lipids) . Yes, fat, but not just any fat.
Omega 3 fatty acids are polyunsaturated fatty acids: essential fatty acids that our body can not make by itself.
Essential to the functioning of the body, Omega 3 fatty acids are beneficial by acting at different levels:
– They interact with other nutrients in the growth and integrity of the skin.
– They are protective for our cardiovascular system: they maintain the fluidity of blood , reduce the level of fat circulating in the arteries ( triglycerides ) and regulate the heart rhythm. This property prevents infarction and stroke.
– They play a role in anti-inflammatory processes.
– They facilitate the absorption of vitamins A, D, E, K.
– They maintain the circulatory, muscular, digestive, hormonal, immune, cerebral and visual functions.
– They could have a positive action on Alzheimer’s disease, stress, anxiety and depression.
– They would prevent some cancers.
In which foods do I find omega 3?
Omega 3 is found in foods such as the flesh of fatty fish (mackerel, tuna, sardines, salmon, eel, herring …), oils (linseed, rapeseed, walnuts) Nuts, chia seeds and flaxseed, as food supplements .
Thus, it is possible to supplement its diet with capsules of fish oil very rich in omega 3.